Shaping Success in Maths + English
ccConsultancy have been commissioned by the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) to support maths and English Continuing Professional Development (CPD) via their ‘Shaping Success’ programme. The ETF are funded by the DfE to support staff in the post-16 sector.We’re offering a range of engaging blended learning courses to support your personal skills and teaching approaches, and to help you and your organisation improve outcomes in maths and English. Take a look at what’s on offer. If you have any queries, please get in touch with your Regional Specialist Lead. We look forward to working with you!
This has been the best training I have done whilst being in lockdown.
I think I will incorporate aspects of the delivery as well as the resources throughout my practice.
What this course has given me is a reminder of why I teach and how much I love it. I’m always trying to think of new ways to make my lessons more engaging and this course has really helped me to do so.
Really great session – very fired up now!
You have opened my eyes to how important maths is.
The blended learning courses shown below are a great opportunity to collaborate and network with other providers, or you may like to run one in-house just for your own staff. All of these courses are offered at a heavily subsidised rate. For full details of pricing and to book, please see our course booking form.
Check out our CPD YouTube Channel for videos introducing all of our courses
The specialist customised courses shown below are offered at heavily subsidised rate. You’ll have the opportunity to work with one of the Regional Specialist Leads both before and after the course, and we’ll help you identify how you can address any issues your organisation may be facing. For full details of pricing and to book inhouse courses, please see our course booking form.
Bespoke courses are specially designed ‘in-house blended learning courses’ that aim to meet the specific CPD needs of your organisation. Where several organisations have discussed or suggested similar training needs or requirements, individual bespoke courses may also be converted into ‘open, bookable courses’, enabling collaborative CPD and a shared exploration of specific areas of teaching, learning and assessment practice. Just simply let us know what you need on our course booking form and we will be in touch.
A bespoke model of review and support for providers for maths and English provision offering services such as:
• Observation and feedback
• Team planning
• Team teaching
This would require an initial meeting to determine the needs of the organisation and identify the ‘topic area’ (i.e. attendance, tracking and differentiation…) and for the consultant to recommend what the rest of the ‘package’ might look like. Following this could be a determined number of days working on the above plus day(s) of training.
Further Help + Information
Meet the team!
Click on the images below to read more about the core members of the ccC team.
We also work with a host of skilled associates across the variety of our programmes and projects.
- You’re a practitioner who would like to write for the PDN blog, submit a video to the PDN Youtube or would like to share something for the PDN mailout.
- You’re interested in attending the Screenskills, ESOL or practitioner research forums.
- You need information about marketing (inc branding), our website or social media.
We offer professional learning and development in a range of areas, including: train the trainers (in teaching, learning & assessment approaches); and personal/ pedagogical CPD in English, maths and digital literacies.
Practitioner-led Action Research
We have led national practitioner research programmes in England since 2014. Our programmes aim to support teachers, trainers, support workers and managers from post-16 learning providers to:
- develop rigorous, transferable action research approaches that inspire sustained professional development for all practitioners in the sector; and
- generate learner-friendly strategies and resources that address critical issues in current post-16 provision.
For 2020/ 2021, in partnership with That Reading Thing and The SfL Network, our team of research facilitators and subject specialist mentors are supporting 36 action research projects focussing on English and maths on behalf of The Education and Training Foundation. Together, they will establish teaching approaches and research methodologies with learners that help them to make progress in English and maths. Practitioners are working on study programmes, apprenticeships, adult courses, secure estates programmes and support ESOL learners/ learners with SEND/LDD.
Our collective aim this year is to support English and maths practitioners and providers to gain a broader and deeper understanding of what works, for whom and why.
Find out more about previous practitioner research programmes by selecting the titles to the right.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- 10a: Education and Training Collective
- 10b: Haringey Adult Learning Service
- 10c: Myerscough College
- 10d: NOVUS
- 11a: Newcastle College
- 11b: Springboard Sunderland Trust
- 11c: Sunderland College
- 12a: Kirklees College
- 12b: Craven College
- 12c: Gateshead College
- 12d: Warrington + Vale Royal College
- 1a: South Devon College
- 1b: DevelopEBP
- 1c: Brooklands College
- 1d: The College of West Anglia
- 2a: Suffolk New College
- 2b: East Coast College
- 2c: New College Stamford
- 2d: Harlow College
- 3a: Havant and South Downs College
- 3b: Cambridge Regional College
- 3c: Southend Adult Community College
- 4a: USP College
- 4b: Buckinghamshire College Group
- 4c: Morley College
- 4d: The Sheffield College
- 5a: Community Learning Skills – Kent Adult Education Service
- 5b: Petroc
- 5c: The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- 6a: Greater Brighton Metropolitan College
- 6b: City Lit
- 6c: LSEC
- 6d: New City College
- 7a: Bishop Burton College
- 7b: Bolton College
- 7c: Burton and South Derbyshire College
- 8a: Lakes College
- 8b: Wirral Lifelong Learning Service
- 9a: University College Birmingham
- 9b: Sandwell College
- 9c: Moulton College
- About Us
- Accessibility Statement
- Digital Literacies
- Equality and Diversity
- Equality and Diversity statement
- How project mentors energise practitioner research
- Inclusive Practice
- Level 3 English
- Level 3 Maths
- Level 5 English
- Level 5 Functional Skills English
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – pre-course activities
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 1
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 10
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 2
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 3
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 4
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 5
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 6
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 7
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 8
- Level 5 Functional Skills English – Session 9
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Pre-Course Activities
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 1
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 10
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 2
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 3
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 4
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 5
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 6
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 7
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 8
- Level 5 Functional Skills Maths – Session 9
- Level 5 GCSE English
- Level 5 GCSE English – pre-course activities
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 1
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 10
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 2
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 3
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 4
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 5
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 6
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 7
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 8
- Level 5 GCSE English – Session 9
- Level 5 GCSE Maths
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – pre-course information and tasks
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 1
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 10
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 2
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 3
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 4
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 5
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 6
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 7
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 8
- Level 5 GCSE Maths – Session 9
- Level 5 Maths
- Meet the team
- Mentors: Bob
- Mentors: Claire + Vicky
- Mentors: Sue
- Mentors: Tricia
- OTLA 6 (English)
- OTLA 6: Project 1
- OTLA 6: Project 10
- OTLA 6: Project 11
- OTLA 6: Project 12
- OTLA 6: Project 2
- OTLA 6: Project 3
- OTLA 6: Project 4
- OTLA 6: Project 5
- OTLA 6: Project 6
- OTLA 6: Project 7
- OTLA 6: Project 8
- OTLA 6: Project 9
- OTLA 7 Final bookings
- OTLA 7 Research bookings
- OTLA 7 Writing Workshop bookings
- Our Values Statements
- Practitioner Research
- Professional Learning
- ScreenSkills Forum
- ScreenSkills mentoring form
- SEND + Neurodiversity
- Shaping Success Booking Form
- Shaping Success in Maths + English
- Train the Trainer
- OTLA 7