This session focuses on preparing learners for the summative assessments, something that should start early on in their programme with learners understanding the way in which they will be assessed and the key success criteria.
The session will explore how we give feedback to learners and will also examine the importance of progress tests and how the scheme of work can be structured to teach the underpinning skills of GCSE
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Use a range of assessment for learning strategies to identify progress and personalise learning (2.3 and 3.2)
- Identify exam preparation strategies and the importance of practising little and often (2.4)
- Review plans to meet GCSE English curriculum and assessment requirements (3.1)
- Identify key skills to be taught throughout the GCSE course
- Begin to plan a scheme of work.
Session 8 PowerPoint slides
Here is Claire’s facilitator PowerPoint presentation for session 8: