During this session, you will:
- Explore some of the varieties of English and recognise own attitudes to spoken language
- Recognise some of the features of speech
- Recognise the value of speaking and listening as a foundation for reading and writing and for employability
- Explore ways of encouraging practice of these skills
- Develop a speaking and listening activity
Session 3 PowerPoint slides
Pre-session 4 Tasks
Before session 4 we would like you to do the following tasks:
- Read the pdf document ‘The Value of Dyslexia’ and make note on any questions you may have an any learning points for you : http://madebydyslexia.org/assets/downloads/EY-the-value-of-dyslexia.pdf
- Read HO4.2: Background reading: ‘Inclusion approaches adapted’
- Watch the film (You will need flash.) : https://www.achieveability.org.uk/main/resources/spld-presentation and
- look at HO4.5 which clarifies all the terms used.
- Complete your reflections on session 3 in your Reflective diary.