During this session, you will:
- identify barriers to English learning
- develop an understanding of specific learning difficulties (dyslexia in particular) and their impact on English learning
- develop approaches to supporting FS English learners and building inclusion
Session 4 PowerPoint slides
Pre-session 5 Tasks
Before session 5 we would like you to do the following tasks:
- Read handout HO5.6 ‘That reading thing’ and annotate for key ideas.
- Listen to the TED Podcast ‘Why are some children leaving school still unable to read?’
- Complete your reflections on session 4 in your Reflective diary.