During this session, you will investigate:
- approaches to reading and writing at entry level
- supporting and developing reading
- approaches to developing and practising writing at entry level
- teaching grammar and spellings.
Session 6 PowerPoint slides
Pre-session 7 Tasks
Before session 7 we would like you to do the following task:
- Watch YouTube Video ‘Thai Soup’
- Read HO7.2 on the Luke and Freebody model
- Read and work through HO7.3 Pumpkins – reading and comparing texts.
- Read HO 7.4 Lily Allen article and identify any language features used.
- Read HO 7.5 DARTs consider how you could use DARTs with your learners
- Complete your reflections on session 6 in your Reflective diary.