This session will introduce you to the new Functional Skills Mathematics specifications (2018) and begin the process of delivering them in practice. The accreditation module attached to this programme will also be discussed in this session.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to :
- Identify implications of the 2018 Functional Mathematics Subject Content (delivered from September 2019)
- Clarify key differences between the 2010 legacy content and the new 2018 specifications
- Identify links between maths and vocational or everyday tasks
- Use Fermi questions to promote realistic approaches to Functional Maths
- Understand the tasks and assessment criteria for the 15 credits at L5 (optional accreditation).