This session to help participants understand the underpinning maths and problem solving skills in measure, shape and space (MSS) required to effectively teach Functional Skills Maths from E1-L2 . Various teaching approaches and suggested resources for both classroom -based teaching and blended/e-learning will be explored comprehensively in this webinar.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify core knowledge, skills and understanding required to become proficient in MSS
- Consider the role of contextualising and practical measurement
- Sample and evaluate a range of activities to develop functional skills in relation to MSS
- Explore a range of teaching and learning strategies for teaching MSS across a range of levels and contexts.
- Discuss interventions in MSS to support both classroom teaching, blended and electronic/web-based learning