Do you want to:
- engage and inspire reluctant learners?
- use assessment approaches to support GCSE English Language learning?
- plan teaching and learning to meet GCSE English Language curriculum requirements and the needs of individual learners?
- help learners to develop their reading, writing, and spoken language skills for GCSE English Language?
- use or undertake research to develop and improve your own practice in GCSE English teaching?
Do you want to do all of the above in a way that engages, inspires and motivates you by:
- working on real issues which come up in your GCSE teaching?
- using peers to solve ‘live’ problems?
- developing your confidence and repertoire in using digital approaches in your delivery?
This blended course is designed to provide ‘just in time’ CPD for practitioners. Each course will include:
- self-assessment, advice and guidance;
- an introductory blended activity to help you explore your strengths and gaps;
- attendance at face-to-face sessions, over eleven weeks;
- blended learning activities to foster deep learning represented by a nominal sixth day; and
- articipation in communities of professional practice.
Who is it for?
- Existing teachers who currently teach GCSE English, and would benefit from training and development.
- New GCSE teachers such as Functional Skills teachers/ vocational teachers who are teaching/ have taught English at level 2 and meet the entry requirements
- Vocational teachers who have been supporting English developments, and are preparing to teach GCSE maths/English, and meet the entry requirements.
- Teachers who have undertaken the English Enhancement Programme, and meet entry requirements.
Suggested entry requirements
- Candidates must be qualified to level 3, or be able to demonstrate level 3 process skills and personal skills in the subject they intend to teach.
- A generic teaching qualification e.g. DTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE etc
Where potential participants lack a level 3 qualification, an initial assessment may be considered appropriate.