Practitioner-led Action Research
We have led national practitioner research programmes in England since 2014. Our programmes aim to support teachers, trainers, support workers and managers from post-16 learning providers to:
- develop rigorous, transferable action research approaches that inspire sustained professional development for all practitioners in the sector; and
- generate learner-friendly strategies and resources that address critical issues in current post-16 provision.
This year we are facilitating the Step Forward programme on behalf of CDN supporting Scottish Colleges. There will be three thematic strands to the programme with the first (current) being transitions. In future cycles of the project, practitioners will explore themes of tackling poverty and climate change.
Find out more about previous and current practitioner research programmes by selecting the titles to the right.
Practitioner-Led Action Research Mailout
The FE AR mailout is sent every second Wednesday of the month. Read our past mailouts and sign up below.
Situating Practitioner Research
The Padlet nest below includes links to three Padlets:
- OTLA Showcase with blogs, podcasts, articles, presentations and other publishings from past and present OTLA cohorts.
- Coffee Time Reads includes a variety of quick reads and recommendations relating to research
- Reading Recommendations is a list co-created by teachers from FE, for teachers in FE (and beyond). It contains a vast range of reading recommendations.