Each of the four courses will run over eleven weeks, and will include approximately 40 guided learning hours as follows:
- Approximately ten hours of on-line learning, through themed critical discussion groups.
- Five full face-to-face days, every fortnight, over an eleven-week period.
Critical discussion groups
There will be a total of five critical discussion groups, plus one ‘welcome and orientation’ online session. Each critical discussion group takes the same format i.e. a short video for you to watch, a brief task for you to undertake, a live discussion and a forum for you to engage with your peers. You will be able to undertake all activities at a time and place that suits you. The live critical discussion groups will be timetabled. You can find out more about our critical discussion groups here.
Face to face sessions
There will be five face to face sessions taking place at four locations. These will be starting at 10am and finishing at 4.30pm.
- Cohort A will take place at thestudio in Manchester. Face-to-face sessions will take place on Fridays.
- Cohort B will take place at in Durham at the The Sjøvoll Centre (26 Nov, 17 Dec, 6 & 21 Jan) and Durham Leadership Centre (11 Feb). Face-to-face sessions will take place on Thursdays and one Wednesday (6th Jan).
- Cohort C will take place at thestudio in Birmingham. Face-to-face sessions will take place on Fridays.
- Cohort D will take place at The Institute of Education in London. Face-to-face sessions will take place on a mixture of days (see below).
- Cohort E will take place at Oaklands College in the Eastern region. Face-to-face sessions will take place on a mixture of days (see flyer and timetable below).
You can download a full timetable, with session timings, here. Note that Birmingham, London, Manchester and Eastern region (Oaklands College) courses start at 9.30 for 10.00am and finish at 4.30pm. Durham start times are different on different days.